- Florida Police Shot Black Therapist
- Foreign-Backed Militants Behead Syrian Kid
- Daesh Inspired Saudi Twins Kill Parents, Injure Brother
- Ukrainian Soldiers Bury Pro-Russian Alive: Video
- Russia Says Patience Running Out With US
- Another Bomb Rocks Turkey, 3 Reported Dead
- Al-Saud Uses Takfiris for Political Gains: Iran
- Floating Baby Found in the Mediterranian
- Sanders Lead Dem Wisconsin Primary: Priliminary Data
- Train Crashes into Tourist Bus in Thailand, 3 Dead [CCTV]
The Capital Of Bangladesh, Dhaka The Rikshaw City
By Hussain on October 29, 2013
Dhaka is the capital city of Bangladesh. It is the ninth country’s largest and the World’s 9th largest city with a population of 15 million. The city is located on the bank of Jurinaga river. Dhaka has many other symbolised names other than it’s own. Sometimes it called as the city of Mosques because of the larges number of Mosques across the city. With 400,000 rikshaws running on the streets of Dhaka is also called as rikshaw city.
|A night view of the Dhaka city. Photo by AdamCohn/flickr|
Another name of Dhaka during mughal rule was Jahangir Nagar, means the city of Jahangir a famous Mughal emperor. Dhaka serves as the economic and cultural hub of the country. It is also a tourist destinations with a rich religious complexion of Muslims, Hindus, Christians and Bhudists. There are various parks and gardens in the city. The Dhaka botanical park is one of them.
|Blue pond lake Dhaka, Bangladesh. Photo by armyasad/pixabay|