Death Toll from Lahore Blast Rises to 69

By on March 27, 2016

Latest reports show that the death toll from a huge bomb explosion in the provincial capital Lahore has risen to 69 from a initial figure of 50.

160327173810_lahore_blast_640x360_ap_nocredit

Assistant D.G public relations told the BBC that the death toll has so far risen to 69 and some of the injure are in critical condition.

Police sources revealed that the explosion was likely a suicide attack. A terror group affiliated to TTP (Tehreek-e-Talban Pakistan) has claimed responsibility for the deadly attack.

According to the sources, the blast struck the main gate of the park just a few meters to a kids play court.

President of Pakistan Mr. Mamnoon Hussain has condemned the attack in it’s strongest terms. The country’s prime minister and army chief has separately conducted urgent security meetings to counter the terror spree.

An eye witness told Interceptable that the blast caused chaos. The government called on the armed forces to take control of the park.

Leave your vote

0 points
Upvote Downvote

Total votes: 0

Upvotes: 0

Upvotes percentage: 0.000000%

Downvotes: 0

Downvotes percentage: 0.000000%

You must be logged in to post a comment Login

Leave a Reply

Hey there!

Sign in

Forgot password?

Don't have an account? Register

Close
of

    Processing files…