- Florida Police Shot Black Therapist
- Foreign-Backed Militants Behead Syrian Kid
- Daesh Inspired Saudi Twins Kill Parents, Injure Brother
- Ukrainian Soldiers Bury Pro-Russian Alive: Video
- Russia Says Patience Running Out With US
- Another Bomb Rocks Turkey, 3 Reported Dead
- Al-Saud Uses Takfiris for Political Gains: Iran
- Floating Baby Found in the Mediterranian
- Sanders Lead Dem Wisconsin Primary: Priliminary Data
- Train Crashes into Tourist Bus in Thailand, 3 Dead [CCTV]
The Capital Of Bhutan, Thimphu A Lush Green And Cultural City
By Hussain on October 29, 2013
Thimphu is the capital city of the state of Bhutan. It is a lush green valley sorrounded by green mounts and mountains. The city is one of the least populous cities in the World with a population of 79,185 people living within the city. It is one of just few capital cities in the World having no airport facility.
|Vew of Thimphu from the bhudda point. Photo by Sudar Muthu/flickr|
The Thimphu city is sometimes referred to as the whol Bhutan it travel and tourism terms, because it is considered that Thimphu represents the Whole country culturally. There are several architectural monuments representing the culture and history of Bhutan. Most of the monuments are fortress type of buildings.
|A religious ceremony at Thimphu chorten. Photo by Bhutan-360/flickr|
Thimphu city is highly elegantly planned with it’s planned construction still going on. The funding is offered by the central government as well as the World bank. The objective is to retain the cultural and ecological structure of the city.