- 7 Exercises To A Round And Lifted Butt
- If You’re Running and Aren’t Losing Weight, Try This
- THE ONLY 2 TIPS YOU NEED FOR PERFECTLY PERKY BREASTS
- How This Woman Lost an Incredible 112 Pounds After Gaining Weight in College
- How to Get Rid Of Back Fat (5 Things You Must Do)
- Best exercises for belly fat reduction
- How To Lose Thigh Fat in A Week At Home
- 7 Ways to Keep Your Hands Looking Young
- WITH ONLY 2 CUPS A DAY FOR 1 WEEK YOUR STOMACH WILL BE FLATTER!
- Can Apple Cider Vinegar Help You Lose Weight?
Best Moves to Eliminate Cellulite on Buttocks and Thighs
Firm your butt and smooth your thighs in less than 5 minutes a day.
We slather on creams to smooth it, wear jeans in 80-degree heat to hide it—and yet, about 80% of women over age 45 don’t do the best thing to actually make cellulite disappear: strength train.
Because cellulite is simply fat, many people—experts included—have claimed that the only way to lose cellulite is to lose body fat. But the most current thinking on cellulite goes a layer deeper, to the muscle that ultimately gives fat its shape. “As women age, they lose muscle,” says Wayne L. Westcott, PhD, Prevention advisor and fitness research director at Quincy College. “As that muscle layer becomes thinner, weaker, and less firm, that overlying fat layer now doesn’t have a stable base. The fat crinkles and wrinkles and goes in any direction because there’s not a solid, smooth foundation underneath it.”
Westcott’s way of thinking explains why you can spend hours on the elliptical and your cellulite won’t budge: Even if you lose body fat, the remaining fat is still sitting on the same weak muscle tissue, giving the fat the same lumpy texture. “Cellulite is a two-fold problem, so we need a two-fold solution,” Westcott says. “Strength train to get the muscles firm and strong, and lose excess body fat.”
We asked Los Angeles-based fitness expert Doris Thews for the most efficient lower-body moves ever. Each exercise works nearly every part of your lower body—butt, hips, and thighs. In fact, they’re so efficient that tagging on just one of the following exercises to your regular workout 3 to 4 times a week can transform your entire lower body. Unless otherwise noted, complete one to three sets of each exercise.